Porcelain Veneers: A Natural Choice
Bonding and veneers are a technique to improve the look of teeth and create a pleasing smile. Veneers are porcelain laminates applied to the entire front surface of a tooth, whereas bonding has white composite resin being applied to a smaller portion of a tooth.
Both methods are meant to be very conservative in terms of tooth reduction.
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Contact us for more information
Bonding with white composite resin helps to:
- Match the tooth in terms of shape, size and shade (degree of whiteness) to the tooth on the other side
- Build up a chipped tooth or missing part of a tooth
- Make a smaller incisor larger
- Cover the stained surfaces of a tooth
- Close up the gaps between teeth (for example, the gap in between the upper two middle front teeth.
Veneers can achieve more dramatic improvements to those patients who have multiple issues.
Although it can be placed on a single tooth to achieve the desirable results, it is generally done to multiple front teeth to achieve straightness with beautiful form, shape and shade that is harmonious with each other in a smile.
In cases where there are severely worn teeth, the teeth can appear short and stubby. The lips may curl out when the mouth is closed with an “upside down” curve of a smile. The lower face may be short and thus the chin will stick forward, in this case, a full mouth reconstruction is an option that would involve all or some of the following treatments:
- Braces/lnvisalign/Clear Correct
- Crowns and bridges
- Implants supported teeth
Dr. Wong has helped many patients transform their appearances into an appealing smile using these techniques.